Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Mom in Greece Will Soon be Pumping Comfortably!

When we created our Super Shields five years ago, I remember thinking that other moms around the world were experiencing the same back pain and discomfort I experienced by having to lean forward. At the time, we were just beginning to introduce our products to lactation consultants in the United States and trying to gain their acceptance of our products. It was an uphill journey -- since we weren't affiliated with the large pump companies, many were skeptical about our products, especially our Super Shields. It took a few years, but the tides began to turn as more and more began using our products to help their moms. Now, many lactation consultants actually come to our booth at lactation conferences and stand there telling their colleagues how helpful and indispensable our products are (we love every minute of these unsolicited "campaigns!")

Last October, we showed our products at an international lactation conference called VELB, held in Vienna, Austria. We realized that our products could help moms everywhere and decided to introduce them to the lactation community in Europe, just as we had done when we started here in the US.

We also began to realize that it's moms talking with other moms, one friend to another, that has most helped (and continues to help) us in our efforts. As moms have shared, other bloggers and those who publish books to help pumpers have learned about our Super Shields and Hands-Free Strap as invaluable tools.

This past week, a mom who lives in Greece ordered from our website. It was very exciting for us and for me personally. As President of Pumpin' Pal International, it's truly my goal to educate and help moms worldwide. Presently, our products are helping moms in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Australia, Indonesia, UK, The Netherlands, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, France, Canada, and Germany.

I am simply a mom. Yes, a working mom, but never-the-less a mom. A mom who enjoys and appreciates other moms and women in my life. I value their input and feedback, and enjoy mutual relationships based on trust and respect. So, that's what I bring to Pumpin' Pal -- myself as a mom, woman, and friend. Not everything that works for me will work for others, just as some things that work for my friends don't work for me or simply don't fit with my lifestyle and choices.

And with that I'll close by saying thank you to all the moms and lactation consultants who have shared our products with their friends, fellow pumpers, colleagues, and moms. And welcome to our newest friend in Greece!

No comments:

Post a Comment