Monday, June 14, 2010

Shannon O'Donnell comments on Salma Hayek Pinault breastfeeding another's baby

Like Salma, my mom used to tell me about how my great-aunt and her friend used to babysit and breastfreed each other's babies while the other worked. At that time, 80+ years ago, there was no such thing as "formula" nor the ultra-efficient double-electric breast pumps we have today. These women depended on and supported each other by taking care of each other's babies in every sense of the word.

When faced with a similar situation, my own mothering instinct kicked in . . . and in giving I truly received. Here's my story:

="

2 comments:

  1. This is the first I heard about Salma Hayak... I'm going to have to read about what happened now. That said, I think if I were faced with a hungry baby with no other source of food around for him, I'd probably do the same. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'd never the story of Salma Hayak but I didn't realize breast feeding others' babies was so popular back in the day:-)

    ReplyDelete